Clark's rant and revelry page

Rambling about lots of things, from politics, humor, current events, sports and gay issues.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I'm an avid Razorback fan, love my family, love my friends, and have an opinion on just about everything. Oh, I'm gay too, get over it.

Friday, June 17, 2005

An expensive public service

I haven't written anything in a month, so a lot has happened. Since I do enjoy writing, I have no excuse; I'll start with the most important stuff.

About a month ago, this witch I know sends me an email. I actually like her, but she's a witch for doing this to me. It was an email attachment showing all the dogs, pictures and all, that were going to be exterminated by Spalding County Animal Control that week. Wouldn't you know that there would be a cute little dog that looked a bit like my Toby in there. He was listed as a beagle as well. Well, I waited till Wednesday came, his d-day, and called in the morning with the reference ID to see if he had been rescued. Of course not would be the answer.

So I took off work and drove to Griffin, GA to check him out. He was shy, in the corner of a horrible cell, and seemingly petrified. Some dogs were jumping on the fence for attention, but this one was just sitting in the corner, so I could see why he was still there. Long story short, I took him out, he was friendly and I took him home where he and Toby did in fact get along well.

Now for the problem. My budget is busted big time. OUCH. I expected Vet bills, shots, checkups, etc... But I did not expect to have him destroy so much. He ruined an expensive area rug, then I put him in my bathroom so he'd not have anything to pee on for a couple of hours. BAD IDEA. I came back from my workout and he'd eaten the trim all around my bathroom door. $250 there, Another $300 in vet bills and the rug. I'm POE now. Some people are credit poor, some are car poor, and some are house poor; I'm dog poor!

Now before it looks like I'm just going to complain, I have to say it was a great move in spite of it all. He's a little angel, very loving, and he adores Toby. Officially he is a beagle-basset hound mix, so I call him a bagel. His name is Winder. Please join me in welcoming him to my little household. Ooops, gotta run, he also had an infection that I have to call the vet about.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

He's worth it and a lot cheaper than a boyfriend/girlfriend anyway!! wahoo, I want to see pictures

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home